|中文課名||進階英文閱讀||Course Name||Advanced English Reading|
|課程目標||課程設計提供多樣的閱讀技巧與教材，並提升學生的閱讀理解與批判性的思考能力。||Objectives||This course is designed to provide students with a variety of reading techniques and materials to enhance their reading comprehension and critical-thinking ability.|
|教材||教課書:1. Select Readings(for in-class studies), ed. by Linda Lee and Erik Gundersen and pub. by Oxford University Press
2. 30 Passages (for outside reading) ed. and pub. by Caves Bookshop
by Donn Byrne and Edwin T. Cornelius, Jr
Caves Books, LTD.
2. 補充教材 Some supplementary materials
|Grading||These items will be taken into consideration when grading:
1. The Mid-term Exam.
2. The Final Exam.
3. Class participation and tasks done in class
4. Some tests/quizes given in class
|Syllabus||1. This advanced course in reading mainly aims at reading and analyzing short English essays, and doing some related exercises about effective reading and writing.
2. Doing all those systematically designed exercises on English words, phrasal verbs, articles, prepositions, participles, and linking words, etc.
3. Practicing writing skills: Answering questions and writing passages related to the ideas implied in the articles studied in class